I’ll start off by saying the obvious – losing power in your home is no fun. Whether it’s due to a storm, a short circuit or a squirrel that decides to climb up on a power line and start chewing (this happened to me one summer), losing your electricity can happen any time of the year for an abundance of reasons. If you don’t have any backup, you’ll either have to stick it out until it turns back on, go stay in a hotel or temporarily move in with friends and family.
If you have a generator, it can definitely help your life go back to normal in the event of a power outage. However, because you rarely rely on them, it’s easy to overlook some basic safety measures that go along with operating a generator. Whenever you use your generator or if you decide to invest in one, keep these tips in mind to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning and other serious issues that can happen with the misuse of generators.
If you own an older portable generator and want to reduce your risk of carbon monoxide even more, it might be time to invest in a new one. According to Consumer Reports, a handful of new portable generators provide a built-in sensor that activates an automatic shutoff if CO builds up to a dangerous level in an enclosed space. This may be your best option if you want to ensure a safe space for you and your family.Tweet
Regular maintenance will keep your mobile home siding looking new and last longer. Use our quick tips to keep your siding looking good.
Do you remember when you were young and had to check under your bed for monsters before you could go to sleep? I sure do!
Get quick tips on how to install a new awning, carport, or sunroof to your mobile home from Foremost Insurance.